CGC carried out a one day clean up exercise for one of the CGC Resource centres (Mazzi Resource center) in Kamira S/C, Luwero district. The objectives of the activity were to;
- To jointly clean-up Mazzi resource center.
- To sensitize Mazzi community to utilize the services offered at Resource centre e.g Computer lessons, Hall hiring, tent and chair hiring out.
- To test community members for HIV and carry out HIV counseling.
- To carry out breast cancer screening and training to community members.
- To conduct a health talks and create health Awareness
- To link VSLA’s to a bank.
The clean up exercise involved slashing the compound around mazzi resource centre, pruning, cleaning the painted walls, fumigation, planting flowers,
setting up demonstration gardens, displaying handmade materials made by CGC staff among others.
The activity targeted 150 people and these included community members, CGC staff and students of Mazzi S.S.
CGC also partnered with Luwero health centre 4 which participated in carrying out breast and cervical cancer screening and also HIV testing and counselling.
A total of 154 people were reached (102 students & 52 parents )